Sunday, February 20, 2011

Positive Social Networking:


Ahhhhhh.... What church do you go to?
Rev. Jamie



Many of you know I'm an active Facebook user and am friends with many other Facebook people from not only our congregation, but from around the world. I am often amazed at the choice of words individuals use when posting their current status, but especially New Thought people themselves!

Let me be clear here when I say, that I know how challenging it can be to be mindful of every word spoken throughout our day, but when we post our words for millions of people to read, we must be clear that we are sending out a vibration that literally is reaching the masses.

The power of the spoken word is more powerful than I believe most have come to grasp. Each time I speak a negative statement or have a negative thought, I am setting myself up for that which I spoke of. Mindfulness is the key in all area's of our lives. What am I saying? What am I thinking and what vibration am I spewing over others and myself?

If you are a negative poster on Facebook, one of two things take place, I will either post back on your page "Ahhhh... What church do you go to?" or after awhile I will lovingly bless and release you from my list of friends.
Understand that this doesn't mean I don't love you, or that I no longer like you, but I choose to not have your post showing on my page for others to read. Same goes for the people I choose to surround myself with; If you are not one who empowers me, inspires me or brings me joy, I lovingly choose to step away from all negative energy. I desire to be surrounded by individuals who uplift me and call me to be more than I have ever been, in ways that are positive and nurturing to myself and the world.

So the question is my friends, are you being a positive influence in the world this day? Are you a person of positive power and hope, or are you a "Negative Nellie" that people scatter and run from? Change your thinking, change your speaking and become the powerful, loving change you desire to see!

Namaskar' (I behold the Spirit in you)
Rev. Jamie

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about this a lot more lately, thanks for bringing it to light, Jamie. Though I'm sure I haven't always been positive about everything I've posted on Facebook, I have consciously tried to keep my posts positive (and photos humorous) throughout this fairly difficult move of ours these past weeks ... and it has helped to keep my spirits up and my attitude on the4 grateful side of the spectrum. And I really did mean it when I said we're just grateful we didn't have to move in snow :-)

    ReplyDelete