Friday, March 5, 2010

Bukeka Shoals visit to Unity of Pensacola


Bukeka Shoals can sing I tell ya! She has style, she has energy and the girl has something beyond all that which really speaks to my heart; She is humble while doing what she does, being what she is, and all while letting her light shine in the process. Just gotta' love those kind of people.


Bukeka has a reputation for being a pretty remarkable performer in the Kansas City area, as well as in the Unity and New Thoughts circles. The first time I ever heard her sing I was so blown away that I almost stood up during her performance because I could feel something stirring within me.

I've always known when I am hearing or having a truly spiritual moment because something within calls me to rise up; No, I mean literally to stand to my feet. I don't always do it mind you, but when I feel that urge taking place inside, I know that there is something before me that I am to take notice of.


Bukeka came to Pensacola this past week to do our Sunday service at Unity of Pensacola and to do a concert on Monday evening. And true to form, she blew us away. Yesterday we took her to lunch and then for a quick stroll along the beach. Below is a quite short, but memorable moment from that beach outing that I wanted to share with some of you.





If you would like more information on Bukeka Shoals and her music that information can be found at http://www.bukeka.com/


Life is good - And so are YOU!



Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment